|
7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Anyone driven the GPIO pins of the Raspberry Pi B+ model

Posted 10 years ago

The documentation for DeviceWrite["GPIO" .. still seems exclusively for the 26 pin header of the B version. Has anyone successfully driven the pins of the new 40-pin B+ header from Wolfram?

POSTED BY: David Keith
7 Replies

I wasn't familiar with that library; will have to check it out.

POSTED BY: BoB LeSuer
Posted 10 years ago

I've had luck compiling wiringPi libraries using WolframLink. Granted, this is with the model B; however, the WiringPi libraries have been updated for B+ and therefore this method should be viable.

POSTED BY: BoB LeSuer
Posted 10 years ago

Hello again, Arnoud. I have been trying to access the B+ GPIO with the code you suggest above, but without success. I can write to GPIO13 using c code found at http://guillermoamaral.com/read/rpi-gpio-c-sysfs/ and it works fine. I believe it is using the same OS calls as are being called from your code. With the c code, I can write to GPIO13 in a loop and see the waveform on a scope. With the Wofram code I get nothing.

I have tried the wolfram code both by typing it in, and by executing as a script using "sudo wolfram -script myscript.wl" -- nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Best, David

Posted 10 years ago
Posted 10 years ago

We have not yet added support for this in the device functions (DeviceConfigure/DeviceRead/DeviceWrite), but this will be supported.

But it is possible to do this yourself as well, and it isn't very difficult.

Remember to launch the Wolfram Language as root (i.e.: sudo wolfram), because the GPIO modifications require root level access:

gpioExport[n_Integer] := Put[n, "/sys/class/gpio/export"]
gpioDirection[n_Integer, dir_] :=  Put[dir, "/sys/class/gpio/gpio" <> ToString[n] <> "/direction"]
gpioValue[n_Integer, val_] :=  Put[val, "/sys/class/gpio/gpio" <> ToString[n] <> "/value"]

And then, for example, this will turn on an LED if it is properly hooked up to GPIO13:

gpioExport[13]
gpioDirection[13,out]
gpioValue[13,1]
POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract