|
|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Best way to display four columns of data at once?

Posted 10 years ago

I have x,y,z,E-field stored into four columns in a data file.

I want to display them easily in a graph. I'm open to suggestions, but the best option that I can think of is to use Manipulate to have a sliding x and then use a density color plot to display a slice (y and z for the axes and color to show the value of the E-field). I haven't been able to do it successfully though.

Is there an easy way to do this? Or is there a better way to display the information?

POSTED BY: Whitney Seifert
2 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Is this the scalar electric potential in 3-space, or the field magnitude? If so, you might look at ListContourPlot3D. If it's a vector field, maybe ListVectorPlot3D.

POSTED BY: David Keith
Posted 10 years ago

The simplest way would be to use PairwiseScatterPlot if all pairwise 2-D views is sufficient. Depending on what "x,y,z,E-field" means (is that a physics or engineering thing?) having a single 3D scatter plot for x, y, and z with the size of the points proportional to the value in the "E-field" might be appropriate (or maybe proportional to the square or cube root of the E-field depending if the size of the point should be proportional to the diameter, area, or volume of the displayed "point").

And I've assumed you don't have thousands of points. What I've suggested probably gets a bit crowded with 200+ points (and maybe with fewer than that depending on how the points are distributed.)

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract