|
6 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Is this NDSolve error new in 10.3?

Posted 9 years ago

I believe the attached file ran without errors in 10.2, but in 10.3 In[8] results in:

sol = NDSolveValue[equations /. values, {x[t], y[t]}, {t, 0, 500}];

NDSolve::depdole: The differential order of a dependent variable in {(x^\[Prime])[t],(x^\[Prime]\[Prime])[t],(y^\[Prime])[t],(y^\[Prime]\[Prime])[t]} exceeds the highest order that appears in the differential equations. >>

NDSolve::depdole: The differential order of a dependent variable in {(x^\[Prime])[t],(x^\[Prime]\[Prime])[t],(y^\[Prime])[t],(y^\[Prime]\[Prime])[t]} exceeds the highest order that appears in the differential equations. >>

General::stop: Further output of NDSolve::depdole will be suppressed during this calculation. >>

But I do not see the source of the error. Can anyone else identify the issue?

Kind regards, David

Attachments:
POSTED BY: David Keith
6 Replies

Attached fixes it! I reduced the 2 second order equations to 4 first order equations

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Kay Herbert
POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Posted 9 years ago

Thank you, Marco. I'll send it in to tech support.

Best,

David

Posted 9 years ago

Tech support confirms they have reproduced the error and forwarded it to development. When I receive notice of a workaround or fix I'll update this post.

Dear David,

thanks a lit for the update. The good thing is that with the current update cycles these thing usually get fixed quite quickly.

Thanks a lot and I wish you very nice, festive days,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Dear David,

I can reproduce that. It does seem to work before 10.3. All 10.3+ versions do not work, e.g.

enter image description here

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract