Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Tools and tutorials for a Data Mining beginner?

Hello,

I have taken up Data Mining and Big Data course this semester and involved in extensive coding using R programming. I would like to start using Wolfram products. Kindly share best tools and training links here. Please let me know tools or projects you are involved in so that its a good example for me to begin migrating.

Thank you.

POSTED BY: Manjunath Babu
3 Replies

Also if you have some legacy R code and are interested in a general notion of transitioning from R to Wolfram Language, take a look at this article: Why Would a Mathematica User Care about R? which describes so called RLink designed to integrate R code into your Wolfram Language workflow.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

Documentation system for Wolfram Language is very detailed. Key functions has numerous detailed examples. I would start at the "Data Manipulation & Analysis" tile in the Documentation Center as seen below and dig through key functions. The doc pages will have many examples. For instance, let's take Classify. Read through all sections, but especially look at Applications section. This section is present on all key-functions docs.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract