|
1 Reply
|
7 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Emoji and HTML for fun and profit

Posted 8 years ago

Here's a little known feature of SystemModeler: you can insert HTML in a lot of places. Let me demonstrate. When I create a new package to store my SystemModeler classes in I can enter HTML in the description field. Here I insert an emoji enter image description here

It will look like this when I hover the mouse pointer over the library:

enter image description here

I can do the same for example model I'm developing, here I've added a car to show the user what the model is about:

enter image description here

In the model itself you can also use HTML in the description strings. Here's an example where I've marked up the connection line between the speed sensor and the PI-controller: enter image description here

So whenever someone holds the mouse pointer over the connection line this description will be shown. Let's take it one step further, I'll add a base64 encoded picture to the description for the PID controller: enter image description here

This is interesting because it helps you to get a feel for what the underlying component is without having to open it and look at it in it's own view. Another way to use this feature is to show an image of the real part that is being modeled. Here's what I did for the speed sensor: enter image description here

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Johan Rhodin

enter image description here - another post of yours has been selected for the Staff Picks group, congratulations !

We are happy to see you at the tops of the "Featured Contributor" board. Thank you for your wonderful contributions, and please keep them coming!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract