Message Boards Message Boards

Mathematica 11 on Raspberry Pi?

GROUPS:

I am very impressed with the functionalities that have been added to the new version 11 of Mathematica and I would love to use some of those in lessons I am preparing for students. Is anything known about plans to update Mathematica for Raspberry Pi to version 11? Because that is what the students use.

POSTED BY: Ted vanderTogt
Answer
1 year ago

It is likely that the next Raspberry Pi release will be based on Mathematica 11, but currently there is no specific time frame.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Answer
1 year ago

Just found out that version 11 for the Raspberry Pi is actually released! The regular "apt-get upgrade" did "hold back upgrading the package wolfram-engine", but "sudo apt-get upgrade wolfram-engine" upgraded my Mathematica to version 11. :-) Thanks!

POSTED BY: Ted vanderTogt
Answer
9 months ago

...Yes, but now uploading an Arduino sketch containing the servo library, through DeviceConfigure, no longer compiles in v11 as it does in v10.3.

POSTED BY: Francesco LaTella
Answer
9 months ago

Hi Francesco,

What is the problem you are having with the Arduino DeviceConfigure with the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks,

Ian

POSTED BY: Ian Johnson
Answer
9 months ago

Hi Ian,

When attempting to upload any sketch containing the standard Servo library, via DeviceConfigure[ ], the compiler fails throwing these error messages:

(*

CCompilerDriver`CreateObjectFile::cmperr: Compile error: /tmp/arduinocompiled9edf4e353b24bba9a50e0b26eff8ed6/libs/Servo.h:69:2: error: #error "This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM or SAMD processor."

ArduinoCompile`arduinoCompile::mainfail: Compilation of the sketch failed in the first stage

DeviceConfigure::compilefail: Compilation of the sketch failed. Halting

*)

However it seems more general than the Pi. I also tried compiling the same code through MMA v11.0 on a Linux Think Pad with the same result.

Thanks,

Francesco

POSTED BY: Francesco LaTella
Answer
9 months ago

Group Abstract Group Abstract