Message Boards Message Boards

Connect an Arduino to Mathematica: cannot open port

GROUPS:

Hi all

Trying to connect an Arduino to Mathematica, and noticing I have Mathematca 10.20 and Arduino IDE 1.6.3 installed, I tried to use the built-in Mathematica Arduino driver mentioned at the top of this thread.

For some reason I'm not able to identify, I can't have it working. Arduino -a Mega 2560- is well on COM4 and functional...but Mathematica won't open the port:

arduinodata = DeviceOpen["Arduino", "COM4,"];

results in:

Get::noopen: Cannot open GeneralUtilities`. >>
Needs::nocont: Context GeneralUtilities` was not created when Needs was evaluated. >>
Get::noopen: Cannot open GeneralUtilitiesLoader`. >>
StringExpression::invld: Element GeneralUtilities`Seq[] is not a valid string or pattern element in GeneralUtilities`Seq[]. >>
StringExpression::invld: Element GeneralUtilities`Seq[] is not a valid string or pattern element in GeneralUtilities`Seq[]. >>
SerialLink`SerialPortOpen::nopen: Could not open the port COM4,.

Note that I am using an Arduino Mega 2560! So not an Uno, nor an Yun. Could this be it?

POSTED BY: Ioan Alexandre
Answer
11 months ago

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Next time please do not spam discussions unrelated directly to your question: ask a separate question. Please read the rules: http://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Answer
11 months ago

Hello,

Yes, you are correct in that the Arduino Mega is not supported, only the Yun and the Uno are supported.

Thanks, Ian

POSTED BY: Ian Johnson
Answer
11 months ago

Thank you Ian.

POSTED BY: Ioan Alexandre
Answer
10 months ago

Group Abstract Group Abstract