User Portlet User Portlet

Kari Grafton
Physician Clinical Integrated Network, Hospital Sisters Health System
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING:
Collaboration Meet ups Networking
ABOUT ME:

I blame (and thank) my grandparents for where I am today. My grandpa was a research mycologist, so he taught me how to use a microscope when I was very young (and this was well before it was accessible for most people to own one) and for fun we'd find anything we could think of to put on a slide and look at. He taught me to always ask questions about everything. My grandma taught me to do logic puzzles pretty much from the time I could read, so she taught me to reason things out. How could I not end up in a research-related field.

In my undergrad, I studied anthropology with a focus on archaeology and linguistics. I may have changed my approach, `but I still do both, I just dig in data instead of dirt and work with computer languages instead of human ones.

I became fascinated with the author Robin Cook somewhere around middle school because my mom was reading one of his books, and he's still my favorite author today. He's what gave me my interest in the medical field. I currently work in population health, but my ultimate interest is epidemiology, which I'm getting the chance to do some of at my current job as well.