User Portlet User Portlet

CA Trevillian
Oakland University
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING:
Volunteering Meet ups Mentorships Networking
ABOUT ME:

I hold a BA in Physics from Michigan Technological University (MTU), will soon be conferred my MS in Physics from Oakland University, and I occupied two teaching positions at Oakland Community College (OCC) and Oakland University (OU) before I began graduate school at OU’s Department of Physics. Soon thereafter, I was invited to do theoretical research in the field of magnetization dynamics and spintronics, under the supervision of Prof. Andrei Slavin and Dr. Vasyl Tyberkevych. They work on the theory of magnetization dynamics in magnetic nanostructures in close collaboration with several experimental groups exploring spin-transfer-torque oscillators and properties of spin-wave modes confined to magnetic nano-elements. The physics of magnetism and spin dynamics fascinate me, and I am very interested in the possibilities to use the concepts of the magnetism theory in the explanation of novel experiments leading to important technical, and, possibly, computational applications.

Specifically, within the Wolfram Language & Mathematica, I seek to use CUDA processing methods to expedite interactions of large matrices.