User Portlet User Portlet

Vladimir Portnyk
The Howard School
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING:
Employment Collaboration Consulting
ABOUT ME:

I am very passionate about mathematics and determined to share my passion, knowledge and experience with your students. I have sound mathematical education (MSc in Mathematics and PhD in Mathematical Finance) .

I truly enjoy mathematicss and I firmly believe it is very beneficial for students to have passionate teachers. I am very passionate about teaching. Others point out that at my lessons “my enthusiasm is totally infectious”.

I believe that everyone can benefit from the sound knowledge of maths. I am willing to offer my practical experience of using maths to inspire and support learners.

My strength is that I know from my own experience the importance of mathematical perseverance. Students at any level and all abilities will struggle with maths, they might feel completely lost and might start to doubt their ability to be good at maths. The learning of maths for me is like sailing on a boat with big waves: it is vital for the maths teacher to be able to support students. I am very serious about providing my students with such support. I strive to be supportive and encouraging teacher.