User Portlet User Portlet

Christopher Moretti
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

I am a professor of Mathematics at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. I've been using Mathematica since my undergrad days in the early 90's, and have continued to use it both in my research and my classes (I consider myself a "teaching" mathematician more than a research-oriented one). I teach and have written the book for our "Technology for Mathematics" course (essentially a 1-2 semester introduction to Mathematica), and along with Dr. Layne Heitz I have written the course materials for our Analytic Geometry course as a sequence of Mathematica notebooks (both "books" are available as a free download from my faculty website). In recent years I've also used Mathematica more in my service to the university - doing "automated" survey analysis for our Faculty Senate, interactive reports on our university budget, and most recently an analysis of a survey of new freshmen, using Mathematica to create maps of where our students are from and an analysis of why they choose us over other schools.