User Portlet User Portlet

Laney Moy
Laney Moy
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

I am a Computer Science student and James Scholar at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the Grainger College of Engineering. I work as an intern with the Wolfram Document and Media Systems team, and I presented on visualizing the topic progression of a text at the Wolfram Technology Conference in October 2020. During the summer of 2020, I served as a Teaching Assistant at the Wolfram High School Summer Camp (WSC), which I attended the prior year. In the fall of 2019, I participated in the inaugural Wolfram Emerging Leaders Program (WELP) as a project team leader.

I am particularly interested in machine learning and its mathematical derivations, data analytics, and interdisciplinary computational projects. In addition to computer science, I am passionate about math, dance, and Latin.

WSC 2020 Faculty Bio

WSC 2019 Alumna Bio

Wolfram Language projects:

Visualizing Topic Progression in a Text is a project I completed through WELP in fall 2019. This program determines and visualizes the topic progression of a text using word distributions.

Automatic Scansion of Latin Poetry in Dactylic Hexameter is a project I completed at WSC in July 2019. This program uses to a sequence-to-sequence neural network to automatically find syllable patterns in Latin poetry.