User Portlet User Portlet

Yury POLYACHENKO
Yury POLYACHENKO
MIPT (Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology)
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING:
Employment Internships Networking
ABOUT ME:

I’m Yura from Moscow, Russia. I've completed 3 years of my bachelor's degree at MIPT and I’ll be getting a degree next year. I specialize in physics (more specifically computational physics) and CS. Besides WL I use Matlab and python mostly for quick scripting and C++ with MPI and CUDA for more serious projects. So far I had some experience with stellar dynamics simulation and molecular dynamics on the level of potentials (no direct QM). The one big project I've done in MD is the study of LJ system of the edge of equilibrium and how it depends on fluctuation spectre. This summer (2020) will be mostly about protein-related studies. I was elected for the EPFL internship to work on a problem of docking using only the information about the surface of a protein but not he whole 3D structure. At MIPT (my home uni) I also have a project on proteins. We want to recreate a certain experiment of measuring some bulk properties of a crystallized protein. When I’m not studying or working I’m probably doing some physical activity - running, swimming, hiking. But I’m also kind of a nerd - Star Wars and Harry Potter are my main ones but I’ve read and watched a lot more.