User Portlet User Portlet

Michele Grasso
Michele Grasso
Center for Theoretical Physics, PAS
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

Hi, I am Michele Grasso and currently, I am a PhD student at the Center for Theoretical Physics, PAS in Warsaw. I am interested in cosmological simulations and GR effects on cosmological observables. I've always been fascinated by astrophysics and cosmology but it was during my master's studies in Physics that I fell in love with numerical cosmology, namely computer simulations applied to cosmology. This was precisely the central purpose of my master's thesis. It was a very stimulating experience for me because this work required a whole spectrum of skills, from computer science to cosmology. As a PhD student, I've shifted my focus from the simulation of cosmological dynamics to the simulation of light propagation through the Universe, which is at the base of cosmological observation. In particular, I've implemented a numerical code based on a new and extended formulation for light propagation in GR. This work led to the first release of BiGONLight (which is the funny acronym of bi-local geodesic operator framework for numerical light propagation), the Mathematica package I designed to perform light propagation in any given spacetime.