User Portlet User Portlet

Austin Moore
Self-Employed
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING:
Employment Collaboration Consulting Volunteering Internships Meet ups Mentorships Networking
ABOUT ME:

The Wolfram Language may just be the only technology available that suits my research needs.

Currently, my main profession is as a learning & health coach, and I'm exploring the interconnected relationships between machine learning and human learning using the Wolfram Language.

In the past, I have helped my clients use different note-taking and mnemonic devices to remember new habits and behaviors that they can use to increase their performance in work and life by remembering the right information and skill-based behaviors at the right time with minimal investment into practice.

A few prominent questions that I would like to research and answer are...

How can we accelerate the learning process in a way that allows us to learn concepts and behaviors in a few minutes or hours as opposed to weeks and months?

How can we teach computational devices to teach us trigger-response mechanisms more quickly?

How can we learn about ourselves alongside the technologies that learn about us?

How can we use technology to increase our human capacity for Quality experiences, juxtaposed to the predominant focus of impacting and gaining power over the environments around us?

Currently, my main project is understanding how I might use the Wolfram Language to sift through and make the most of my personally created research database of over 10+ years with 17,000 notes on various topics of human experience.

How deeply can I encode this learned information into my own brain using technology, while being taught and teaching the computational entities that I work with?

Currently, I'm working to memorize 10,000 data points (things that I have learned from personal experience, books, mentors, and colleagues) in my human brain so that I might have access to them at any given moment for use. For this, I use a mnemonic-based meta-learning technique typically called "Memory Palaces", and have adapted it to suit my own personal needs.

How permeable are the barriers between the unconscious and conscious mind? Can we intermingle access between them if we have the right mental systems in place (aided by technological advances)?

It is my strong suspicion that we can if we find the right learning & neural navigation processes for doing so.

In a way, this makes use of the Principle of Computational Equivalence, yet applies it to the human brain (i.e. the human brain can store data and run code/functions just as any other computational device can, based upon its ability to store and access information in a systematic way).

Risking the possibility of seeming crazy, using a term for defining this personal endeavor of mine could be "Human Computation".

I am here to find out what is possible, and not possible and am willing to sacrifice a great deal of time deeply learning and understanding the intricacies of the Wolfram Language in order to explore what is possible.

I am also extremely eager to assist others in the Wolfram Community with projects that are parallel or similar to my own, including but not limited to potentially working part-time (and possibly full-time..) as a volunteer, intern, or employee so long as it furthers my understanding of computation, deep neural networks, and the Wolfram Language.

Closing full circle: I am a beginner in learning and using the Wolfram Language, yet given what I have seen possible, I am excited to see how it might shed light on the projects that I have worked on intimately and independently for the major portion my my adult life, which has tended to revolve around the ideas of Human Computation.