User Portlet User Portlet

Johannes Grebe-Ellis
Johannes Grebe-Ellis
University of Wuppertal
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

Apprenticeship as carpenter and constructor of stairs, Studium Generale at Leibniz-Kolleg and studies of physics and philosophy at University of Tübingen (Germany), diploma in theoretical physics on Effective Hamilton Operators of the BCS Model (H Stumpf), PhD thesis on the Phenomenology of Optical Polarization at Humboldt Universität of Berlin (LH Schön), work as a teacher for physics and mathematics at different high schools, substitution of a professorship for physics education at Leuphana University Lüneburg (2008-2011), since 2011 professor for physics education at University of Wuppertal.

I am a phenomenologist (Goethe, Baumgarten, Merleau-Ponty, Barth, Steiner, Maier, von Mackensen, Böhme, Wiesing), interested in philosophy and history of physics, especially optics (Alhazen, Kepler, Newton, Bartholinus, Huygens, Goethe, Haidinger, Helmholtz), and developing phenomenological approaches to selected areas of physics. Did you know that you can see optical polarization? It's very simple, you have to train to see the Haidinger´s brush, for example on your laptop screen ...

I otherwise train physics teachers and elementary school teachers. I try to inspire people for the beauty of natural phenomena who have had bad physics lessons and therefore run away when they hear physics. Unfortunately, they are often the ones who will teach our children in elementary school tomorrow and teach them how to get along without physics. Here lies my daily challenge.