User Portlet User Portlet

Joe Swearngin
Joe Swearngin
UCSB
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

As a dedicated computational physicist and passionate educator, I have spent my career exploring the wonders of the universe and sharing my knowledge with the next generation of scientists. With a PhD in Physics and experience as an adjunct physics and astronomy faculty member, I am committed to promoting scientific curiosity and advancing our understanding of the cosmos.

My research has spanned diverse areas such as spacetime geometry, black holes, knotted magnetic fields, compressible hydrodynamic flows, and linked gravitational radiation. I have honed my skills in high-performance computing, algorithm development, and simulation to model complex physical phenomena and solve challenging problems. Throughout my career, I have become proficient in a variety of programming languages and software tools, including Mathematica for analytic calculations and data visualization, Python for machine learning and data science applications, and C++ for plasma simulations.

If you're interested in discussing potential collaborations, research opportunities, or simply want to chat about the wonders of the cosmos, please feel free to connect with me. I look forward to exchanging ideas and exploring the vast expanse of knowledge together.