User Portlet User Portlet

Kresimir Zigic
Kresimir Zigic
CERGE-EI, Prague
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

My name is Krešimir Žigić and I am the Citigroup Endowment Associate Professor with tenure at CERGE-EI (under US permanent charter) since 2007 and a member of the Executive and Supervisory Committee of CERGE-EI since 2004. I am also a Senior Researcher at the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences. I served as Deputy Director for Graduate Studies at CERGE and EI in 1997–1999, 2005–2008, and 2015–2017. I obtained my BA and MA degrees at the Faculty of Economics at the University of Zagreb and received my Ph.D. in Economics at CERGE-EI at Prague. My research area falls within the fields of industrial organization and international trade (strategic trade policy). I published in many periodicals such as European Economic Review, Journal of Development Economics, Journal of Comparative Economics, Research in Economics, Economica, Journal of Economics, Economic Modelling, etc.. I also published two monographs: “Theory of Strategic Trade Policy in the North–South Trade - The Optimal Northern and Southern Tariffs in an Inherently Asymmetric Environment,” and “Strategic Interactions and Policy Implications in Markets with Innovative Activity: The Cases of Strategic Trade and Market Leadership.”