User Portlet User Portlet

Marcos Ferrer
Not indicated
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING:
Meet ups
ABOUT ME:

I love and create conceptual and abstract art using algorithms (and now, Mathematica), the "clay" of computer art (for this artist). Bachelor's in mathematics (with computer science, recursion theory, algorithms and complexity theory) and three years of physics at University of Chicago. Career path from IBM Large Systems Engineer to teaching, applications development, then certification as a business analyst (CBAP). Not a practicing mathematician or computer scientist but a huge fan.

My current "art" pursuit involves describing / illustrating some properties of the "Universal Artwork" (some call it the Gallery) as analogous to Borges' "Library of Babel" (some call it the Universe). This conceptual work consists of a world of every possible combination of pixels and colors for a countable set of "finite" displays. These renderings result in all possible (finite) images for each display, starting with a 1 x 1 pixel, black & white display, and continuing with (2...⍵) x (2...⍵) pixel, 3...⍵ colors (distinctions) display. These are the "first" images in a pixuverse. I am playing with ideas from the Physics project being shared online (such as, in what sequence might one generate "all possible images", what images (or desired sequences) are "computably irreducible", and how many correspond to some entertaining link to math, physics, multiway systems, the ruliad, category theory, etc.

I hope to put up some workbooks over this coming year.