Message Boards Message Boards

Avoid extremely slow rendering of BoxWhiskerChart?

I have recently upgraded my 2012 MacBook Pro to the latest 2016 MacBook Pro. While the specifications of my new MacBook are an improvement in every conceivable way (16GB RAM, i7 6920HQ, 4GB AMD Radeon Pro 460), the simple task of displaying a BoxWhiskerChart dramatically slows down the Wolfram interface: type-response and scrolling become laggy and executing simple commands take much too long, but only when the chart is within visual range (i.e. when it goes out of sight when scrolling, things become much better).

I have checked using SystemInformation[] whether my graphics card(s) are recognized: both the standard Intel HD Graphics 530 and the AMD Radeon Pro 460 Compute Engine are recognized under the Links>OpenCL section. gfxCardStatus shows that the latter is active. Mathematica does not use excessive amounts of CPU of memory.

I would love to hear if anyone has a solution, has had a similar experience or knows of productive ways to further investigate this issue. Thanks!

POSTED BY: Max Huisman
2 Replies

Without code there is little to suggest other than adding the

PerformanceGoal -> "Speed"

option to your plot.

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

Please post your code.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract