|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

[?] Change density of ticks?

Posted 7 years ago

Hello guys, I am doing bachelor with huge data sets (x: 0 , 800 000) ; (y: -55, 30)

I need to change density of ticks in _x axis but even with help I could find answer. :( I have never done Mathematica before and it seems little complicated for first time user. I want labels and grid to be 4x denser for better reading. Here is my graph

enter image description here

Can you please help? Thanks.

POSTED BY: Martin Dlabaja
3 Replies

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

Please do not post code as images, it is against forum guidelines. Read the linked above tutorial to learn the proper posting.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 7 years ago

Instead of GridLines->Automatic try perhaps GridLines -> {Range[0, 800000, 50000], Range[-55, -25, 5]}

And try including Ticks -> {Range[0, 800000, 50000]}

Look up Range, GridLines and Ticks in the help system. Click on Details to see the hidden information on controlling these.

Adjust the numbers as needed

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Posted 7 years ago

Sir, you just absolutely save my day! :)

GridLines -> {Range[0, 800, 25], Range[-100, 0, 1]}, Frame -> True, FrameTicks -> {Range[0, 800,100], Range[-60, 0, 1]}

Using Range to define ticks and grids works like a charm. Could not find using of Range with Ticks and Frames in help section.

Thank you very much for your time, M.

POSTED BY: Martin Dlabaja
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract