Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Does Mathematica allow students to interactively solve their own equations?

Posted 6 years ago

Hi, I've just joined Mathematica. I'm interested in using Mathematica on my students in the following way: Give them an equation like 2x + 1 = 5. Get them to solve it in as many steps as they need. First step they may input: 2x = 5 - 1 and press submit. If they are wrong they could be prompted to edit this step. If they are right, they move on to the next line. Second step they may input: 2x = 4 and press submit. Last step they may input: x = 2 and press finish. Do such possibilities exist?

POSTED BY: Kieran Mills
2 Replies
Posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the welcome. I spent the day going through all of the above links. I can see the function to manipulate coefficients to obtain multiple answers in the various demos. However, I cannot find any demo to do what I describe above. I don't want to spend hours researching this wonderful site to find out that it cannot accomplish what I need. Perhaps the processes I describe are programmable using this system. If someone believes this to be the case, I'd love to immerse myself in researching and building demos to accomplish my objectives.

POSTED BY: Kieran Mills

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

Did you try to check any free resources, including documentation, before asking the question?

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract