Message Boards Message Boards

NotebookTranslate: Translating only the relevant text cells

Posted 6 years ago

Many fine Mathematica notebooks in English are inaccessible to users of other languages, especially to young people growing up in other languages. Translating a Mathematica notebook - conventionally from English into another language - involves mainly text. It better does not involve Input and Output cells that should remain in English. One obvious reason is that the program uses English. The other obvious reason is that we want students to learn to use the program (in English). The routine NotebookTranslate distinguishes what to translate and what not. Since translation comes with a cost, the routine also supports the prudent use of Service Credits. Educators are advised to create repositories per language for such translated notebooks, to reduce costs and to allow ease of access and version management, e.g. also when an automated translation is improved upon manually.

Attachments:
2 Replies

Hi Vollmer,

It might be that my subscription to the wolfram cloud has expired. Check out the enclosed notebook.

Cheers, Thomas

Attachments:

Hi Thomas!

Very interesting post, sounds like exactly what I am looking for! I need some translated documents for my next Mathematica training (material). However, the download page says "Sorry, you do not have permission to access this item." (although of course I have a Wolfram ID). Is there any other way to obtain this notebook?

Thanks in advance! Armin

POSTED BY: Armin Vollmer
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract