Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Ordered list of hyperlinks to all Mathematica tutorials?

Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 6 years ago

Is there an ordered list of hyperlinks to all Mathematica tutorials, ordered like a table of contents would be?

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
3 Replies

It was there by default, then the documentation book was reduced to few related branches shown in a docked cell and finally in 11.3 we are left with 'See also' links only. If you are interested in the old style layout, check this out:

POSTED BY: Kuba Podkalicki

Hi Jim,

Although not exactly tutorials, from some of your posts I was wondering if you may find The Mathematica Book helpful? It is a free download. It was produced for Mathematica 5.2 (2005), and as far as I'm aware was the language's last 'linear' documentation . Although much has been added to Mathematica since, the principles are still the same, you may well find the book relevant and interesting. I certainly found it beneficial to read through.

Regards,

Rob

POSTED BY: Robert Ferguson
Posted 6 years ago

Not that I'm aware of. You can generate an index with the following code (which takes all of the files in the Documentation/English/Tutorials folder, makes them a little more readable (it doesn't take the actual tutorial names, just tries to make the filenames more readable), and lists hyperlinks to them):

pretty[str_] := Hyperlink[
    StringReplace[StringRiffle[StringCases[str,(_?UpperCaseQ ~~ __?LowerCaseQ)]], (Capitalize[#]->#)& /@ {"for", "to", "and", "on", "as", "of", "in"}],
    "paclet:tutorial/" <> str
  ];
SetDirectory[$InstallationDirectory <> "/Documentation/English/System/Tutorials"];
pretty /@ FileNames[] // Column
POSTED BY: Jamal Wise
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract