Message Boards Message Boards

Get a 3D head model that i can use?

Posted 6 years ago

Hi, i'm using Mathematica 9.0 (i can upgrade if needed) for several weeks, and work's with 6 parameters in 3 axis. roll ,azimuth, elevetion ,x,y,z. I did animated graph for in 2D for el,rl el,az, y,x y,z... and now i would like to have an animated 3D head model that i can active (animate) according to my graph, and by that i would be able to understand the head movment better. i belive there are ready models? if so, were can i get them? and how do i maneuvering them with my graph.

Thanks Yakir.

POSTED BY: Yolo Moto
3 Replies

If you have access to Wolfram data you can try this:

Show[Entity["AnatomicalStructure", "SkinOfHead"]["Graphics3D"], 
 Entity["AnatomicalStructure", "Sclera"]["Graphics3D"], 
 Entity["AnatomicalStructure", "Iris"]["Graphics3D"]]
POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 6 years ago

If by "head" you mean the thing thats sits on top of most humans:

head = AnatomyData[Entity["AnatomicalStructure", "Skull"], "Graphics3D"];

RegionPlot3D@DiscretizeGraphics@head

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Hans Milton
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 6 years ago

first evaluate $ImportFormats to see what 3D formats your platform supports.

you can then google rendering modeling raytracing search hits (there are medical models, there are realistic looking models for media making that are hollow on the inside). you may need to avoid composite models - mathematica may need a complete model rather than a file which is composed of many separate models: this would depend on the format.

i suggest that modeling a head in 3D will not "help you understand head movement"

also: mathematica does NOT specialize in optimizing live animation of large complex models like some "modelers" do, so do not expect bleeding edge speed

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract