Message Boards Message Boards

Connect to publisher example with Database explorer?

Posted 5 years ago

I installed the 2 example databases on my Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.14.1 and was exploring some of the database capabilities of Mathematica. Using the DatabaseExplorer tool I was able to connect to the "demo" database, but the "publisher" database would not connect despite its name showing up in the connection tool. Has anyone else had this problem? I am able to open the connection manually using the OpenSQLConnection command.

POSTED BY: Mike Luntz
3 Replies
Posted 5 years ago

I neglected to mention in my previous reply that I get the same result on both the Mac and the Windows versions of Mathematica 11.3.

Posted 5 years ago

Please excuse my frustration at your answer, but I don't know how I could be much more specific in my question. 1) I installed the 2 example databases

<< DatabaseLink`DatabaseExamples`;
DatabaseExamplesBuild[]
DatabaseExplorer[]

2) Using the DatabaseExplorer tool I was able to connect to the "demo" database enter image description here

3) but the "publisher" database would not connect enter image description here

4) despite its name showing up in the connection tool enter image description here

This post does not contain enough information. Show some examples of what you actually tried to do.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract