Message Boards Message Boards

Use Hyperlink[] for program control in a notebook?

Problem jumping and executing operations with the Hyperlink function in a Mathematica notebook

I am trying to have buttons that direct program operation to specific locations in my program, like "Collect Data", "Calibrate Transducers", "Enter Meta Data" and "Generate Experimental Report". I would like to do this without having to run all the program every time. The following notebook below is a failed attempt to simulate a smaller and similar problem --- assuming that using Hyperlink[] is the correct method to accomplish this end.

See the attached notebook for a simplified version of the problem I am hav

Attachments:
2 Replies

Hans,

thank you very much for your suggestion. It does work well in directing the selection tool to the correct cell. It is still not clear why the Hyperlink[] command does not do the job? If we could figure out how to group, select the required cells, and the run them. We would have a usual command. I am surprised that this problem or necessity has not come up before in the Wolfram Language. I am probably missing something subtle or esoteric in the language. Maybe someone at Wolfram knows how to:

1. Jump to a group of cells;
  2. Select them;
  3. Run the selected cell;
  4. Then stop execution;
  5. Option to return to the main controlling menu.

thanks again, Hans. Let me know if you have any more inspirations on this problem.

Tony

Posted 5 years ago

Hi,

The attached notebook has a fix for your problem no. 2: enter image description here

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Hans Milton
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract