Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Avoid machine precision issues while using FindRoot?

Posted 5 years ago

I am facing Precision error in Find Root FindRoot::lstol: The line search decreased the step size to within tolerance specified by AccuracyGoal and PrecisionGoal but was unable to find a sufficient decrease in the merit function. You may need more than MachinePrecision digits of working precision to meet these tolerances.

4 Replies

It would be a good idea to isolate a single stand-alone FindRoot call that elicits the problem.

One thing I can point out is that some of the values have very different scales and so maybe rescaling will help. Also you can lower the PrecisionGoal and related settings.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau

Sir my question is that what will the command to remove this error. I attached the relevant computation. You can see the following errors in it

Sir my question is that what will be the command to remove this error. I attached the relevant computation. You can see the following errors in it. Normally when i do such type of calculations which are very smooth and fast.

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

What is your question then? If it is about a specific computation, you will need to supply the computation in copy/pastde form.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract