Message Boards Message Boards

Compute the spatiotemporal temperature distribution of a liquid droplet?

Posted 5 years ago

Hello everyone!

This is probably the first time I'm posting here. I want to compute the spatiotemporal temperature distribution of a liquid droplet which is based on a Fourier series solution to the transient heat conduction equation in spherical coordinates. The solution requires us to compute the eigenfunctions and Fourier coefficients along with a few other terms before we can get to the final expression. These results have already been published, the solution algorithm, results from the paper and the references are given in the algorithm.doc file as attached. The code I have solves all of that but it is not able to replicate the original results even though all the inputs are the same. I haven't been able to figure out where I'm erring. Please let me know if you need more details. I would be grateful if anyone could pitch in to help. I have attached the files you may need during the discourse.

Regards Zuhaib

POSTED BY: Zuhaib Nissar
2 Replies
Posted 5 years ago

The calculations were performed using Mathematica 6.0 on a 3.0-GHz Kernel. I'm running my code on version 12.0.

POSTED BY: Zuhaib Nissar

Hi Zuhaib,

What version was used when the results were originally published and what version are you using now? I'm running into some issues of my own with Fourier transforms in version 11.3 and newer not outputting the same results as it did in previous versions.

POSTED BY: Brian Gerwe
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract