Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Calculate the following integration (unable to do it after running it 4hr)?

enter image description here Help me to integrate it out

After running 4hrs , Mathematica unable to do this integration. Then I reduced constants and variables and try to do similar type integration with variable 'r' in 1D. enter image description here Still not getting the result.

Attachments:
4 Replies

Please post your code in plaintext form and/or upload a notebook. Nobody feels like retyping your code. Most people wouldn't want to Answer a Question if they couldn't test that Answer in Mathematica.

It is not fair to the people who are trying to assist to make them need to retype all your content based on some images.

POSTED BY: Mariusz Iwaniuk

Thank you for the reply. I attached my notebook here. Please try to help,dude.

Attachments:

When Mathematica returns the input as the output, it means that the calculation returned unevaluated. This often means that the function does not have the methods available to solve the problem symbolically, or it is mathematically impossible to obtain a symbolic solution (not all sums, integrals, or differential equations have symbolic solutions after all).

Simplifying equation ot7 for very simpler form:

Integrate[( E^-(x - a1)^2 + E^-(x - a2)^2 )^(5/2), {x, -Infinity, Infinity}, Assumptions -> {a1 > 0, a2 > 0}]
 (*returned unevaluated*)

Or even simpler:

Integrate[( E^(-x^2/2) + 2*E^(-x^2/3) )^(5/2), {x, -Infinity, Infinity}]
(*returned unevaluated*)

Analytical solving seems impossible.

POSTED BY: Mariusz Iwaniuk

Thank you so much for your efforts......

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract