Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Shortcut to delete a line using keyboard, not mouse?

Posted 5 years ago

I am looking for a shortcut, or a keyboard stroke, to delete a complete line of evaluation.

To make my self clear - when clicking with my mouse on the right-edge of the notebook window, the whole line is selected, so when hitting Delete on my keyboard, the line disappears.

I am looking for a way to do this without leaving my fingers from the keyboard and reaching for the mouse. Is there any?

Thanks.

POSTED BY: Ehud Behar
3 Replies

Ehud,

The command is "extend selection" but I had the shortcut wrong. It's Ctl-. (Control-period).

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Posted 5 years ago

Thank you for your answer.

I don't understand the Cmd-Ctl-' you mentioned. What do you mean by '?

After looking at the documentation for "Notebook Shortcuts", I found Shift+Cmd+{ to do the job. Is that right?

POSTED BY: Ehud Behar

Ehud,

Depending on what you want, on a Mac you can up arrow to get to the line you want and do "select all" (Cmd-A) and hit delete. This will remove the input and the associated output line. If you want to delete one but not the other, up arrow to the line and hit "extend selection" (Ctl-.) until the line is selected and hit delete. On a PC you can use those keyboard shortcuts (look in the Edit menu to find them)

Regards

Neil

EDIT: "extend selection" is (Ctl-.), the original post had a typo.

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract