|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Programmatically enter free-form input?

Posted 5 years ago

Is it possible to enter free-form input programmatically, i.e. not manually?

I have a list of data including say "Battle of the Milvian Bridge". I want to convert this to an entity but I don't know what the exact entity description is. In fact, it is "BattleOfTheMilvianBridge", so in this case it's just a case of stripping out spaces, but in general, the Wolfram name might be somewhat different from my name, not just a case of omitting spaces. If I use ctrl-equals and manually type in the name, Mathematica finds the best match in its knowledge base. How can I apply ctrl-equals automatically to my list of data so that I don't have to type in each element one by one to get the correct Mathematica representation? I want something like

ctrl-equals/@{London, Battle of the Milvian Bridge, Battle of Hastings}

POSTED BY: Marc Widdowson
4 Replies

try this method, maybe this method is right:- 1> Get a free-form input box 2>Enter natural language input 2>Choose the interpretation

Posted 5 years ago

Thank you very much. SemanticInterpretation is what I was looking for.

In my original post, I had an explanation of my problem, and now it seems to be completely blank. At least, I don't see any body to the post. I don't know what happened to it. Apologies for that.

Edited to add: If I Edit the original post, I see the text that was supposed to be there in the body. Not sure why it isn't appearing in the published post.

POSTED BY: Marc Widdowson

This question is too vague. Give more information on what you want.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 5 years ago

Hi Marc,

Not sure exactly what you mean by "free-form input". Maybe

SemanticInterpretation["godel"]

enter image description here

WolframAlpha["godel"]

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract