|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica 12 froze

Posted 5 years ago

I am using Mathematica 12 for linux x64. I did a lot work in a mathematica session, including some Parallelsubmit and Waitall. All parallel kernels were closed excepted the main kernel. Then, when I want to insert a Horizontal Thick Line, the Mathematica frontend freezes. In the terminal, it showed

Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, please report the error to support@wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion '(lines-1)->lastCharIsLineBreak' failed at LineWrapBox.c:4243", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred.
Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, please report the error to support@wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion 'i == n-1' failed at LineWrapBox.c:4244", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred.
Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, please report the error to support@wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion 'lines->lineIsNull()' failed at LineWrapBox.c:4638", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred.
Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, please report the error to support@wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion '(lines-1)->lastCharIsLineBreak' failed at LineWrapBox.c:4243", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred.
Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, please report the error to support@wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion 'i == n-1' failed at LineWrapBox.c:4244", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred.
Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, please report the error to support@wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion 'lines->lineIsNull()' failed at LineWrapBox.c:4638", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred.

I don't know whether these messages are related to this freezing. Just copy them here.

POSTED BY: John Strauss

It is clearly a bad behavior. Any chance it might be replicable? If so, a detailed way of making it happen would be quite helpful.

For what it's worth, I also work on Linux platform. And suffer similar consequences.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract