Message Boards Message Boards

Mathematica 12 closed during evaluation after clicked the help button?

Posted 4 years ago

I clicked the help button on a notebook that was running an evaluation and it closed it, not sure why, but it had been running about two hours, before i clicked the help button. I’m new to mathematica 12 but used the 5.2 for years, I’m on day one of the trial verson. I suppose I won’t click that help button anytime soon. I was at about 98 gigabytes of 128 gigabytes on the ram use, and no page files yet. Got a windows 10, 2 terabyte ssd, dual xeon workstation.

POSTED BY: Philip Owen
4 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

I had a major success, i replaced all equation parts inside parentheses with a single variable, fully simplified each part, reassembled them, and it went much faster. Not sure if it created the most simplified total equation, but did reduce it’s size by a factor of 10, tested it, and it produces the same answers. Please add your thoughts.

Posted 4 years ago

I was attempting too fullsimpify a pretty big equation, and was wondering why it takes so long, does anyone have any suggestions on how to speed up the process.

Without any code one can just say:

FullSimplify[bigFoo, TimeConstraint -> 1]
POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner
Posted 4 years ago

Well time constraint made not be what I’m looking for, i wonder if putting say limits on domains per variable may help, so far the fullsimplify has taken about a week and no results yet. I wish they would add some kind of manipulation counter so i would know if it’s getting closer to the final stage. I’m running the windows task manager but it really doesn’t give me any info,

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract