Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

SmithDecomposition - did it change between v11 and v12?

Posted 4 years ago

Hello! I updated my version of Mathematica from 11 to 12, and ever since then I have been struggling to run a script that used to work. The error produced looks a lot like the one mentioned here:

similar question on stackexchange

Similar to the question posted on StackExchange, I have issues with certain matrices and not others. Also like the post on StackExchange, I am able to compute the Hermite decomposition without any problems.

I have attached one of the matrices that is giving me trouble. It can also be seen in this Notebook file:

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give!

Attachments:
POSTED BY: C Ng
7 Replies

I am on a laptop that saves the file I know not where, which makes importing it more difficult than I am willing to bother with. The lower the bar to investigation, the more likely it will get looked at.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Posted 4 years ago

Thanks, I hope the edit I just made is useful. Everything is explicitly given in the published Notebook file. I was wary of posting the whole matrix itself since it's rather large.

Thanks. I now have the matrix. Also I am traveling for the next few days. I'll look into it when I get back to work, and post a response. Should happen some time next week.

I took a look. This was a bug that got fixed for the next release. For some reason I had thought it was fixed earlier and did not recognize it.

For what it is worth (and again my memory might be playing tricks), I think this one had resulted from a fix for the one reported earlier on Mathematica.StackExchange.

Posted 4 years ago

Thank you very much for your help!

Please use a format like or .m, or, better still, put the input into the post itself.

Posted 4 years ago

Thanks, I have amended the post according to your suggestion!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract