|
5 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Problem with drawing tools

Posted 4 years ago

I can't get the drawing tools to work in my Mathematica (12.0.0.0). I saw some comments about similar problems at stackexchange, but no tips for fixing it. Anyone who knows?

Thanks, Robert

POSTED BY: Robert Johansson
5 Replies

The issue is that in ver12 (I use windows) the drawing tools palette opens with all sliders set to their left-most values; e.g. (but not limited to) Opacity = 0, Thickness = 0. Everything you draw is therefore too thin to be visible, and also see-through.

Adjustments to slider positions are not retained, if the palette is closed and reopened.

POSTED BY: Mark Moores

Robert,

Arrows do come in with a tiny (invisible) thickness by default. Draw the arrow and adjust the thickness and make sure the opacity is 1 (although it sometimes does not show the current value). Once it is adjusted, it seems to "stick" after that. Same for other objects. I hope this helps until they fix it.

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer

Thanks! That solved it.

Best, Robert

I'm sorry if I was too vague in the description. I have no problem with generating all kinds of graphics programatically in Mathematica but when I try to use the drawing palette on a 'new graphics'-pane it doesnt work. If I click (or double-click) the rectangle tool and try to draw in the graphics window I get nothing. At first an orange shape is shown but it disappears immediately when I click something else. If I change to the select/move/resize-tool I can mark an invisible object that I apparenty managed to draw after all so I guessed that it had something to do with default opacity like in this posting . I can change the opacity for some invisible objects so they appear (like rectangles) but it doesnt work for arrows. Since I found a posting on stackexchage directly I thought that this was a known problem and therefore I was a bit vague, sorry for that.

Your post is too vague. Please describe your issue in more detail and provide links to the comments you refer to. What have you done that does not work for you?

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract