|
5 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Does anyone have problems with font sizes in Mathematica 12.1

Posted 4 years ago

I have a high resolution laptop monitor and with Mathematica 12.1 i have some issues with the font scaling that I don't seem to get correct.

Some font groups are way too small, I can still read them, but they are not scaled correct. Especially the fonts in the manipulate windows are not scaled correctly.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Martijn Froeling
5 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

Sorry for the necro, but I am also having issues in 12.1(.1).

In 12.0 there was an option in the Inspector -

Formatting Options->Font Options->Font Properties->Screen Resolution

that allowed a custom DPI, but this option is not present in 12.1. Can somebody direct me to it?

Thanks.

POSTED BY: Mark Appleton

The effect seems to be gone when i change the compatibility of the mathematica aplication to override the high DPI scaling behaviour by the system. Although then everything in mathemtaica looks a bit blurred compared to the rest of my aplications.

Posted 4 years ago

On a Surface Pro 7 windows 10, changing the DPI compatibility by click "Program DPI" fixed this for me.

POSTED BY: Colin Foale

The fonts look like the primary monitor's scale changed while it was running. Does this behavior persist after rebooting? Also what is the custom scale actually set to?

POSTED BY: Ian Hojnicki

Yes i was testing if it had to do with those settings. It persists after rebooting.

All my other applications look perfectly fine.

I set my scale of mathematica to 75% else it is even worse the normal font then is way to large compared to the rest of my screen. But the relative small scaling of these labels in manipulate seem to be not affected by that.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

If I set my system scale and layout to 100% everything is correctly in proportion. However than everything is so small i cant even read anything. So it seems that everything in the mathematica application is scaled correctly by the system scaling but not the manipulate labels.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract