Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
10 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Set conda as the default python interpreter in Mathematica?

Posted 4 years ago

Hi, I have several versions of python installed on my Mac and I want to set conda as the default Python interpreter in Mathematica when I press > to enter the Python environment. How can I do that?

The conda python is registered in Mathematica, with the help on https://support.wolfram.com/42342?src=mathematica . But currently the default interpreter is the python 2.7 in the mac system, not the python 3.7.6 in conda.

I tried manually run code with conda python by using StartExternalSession and the conda path, as shown in the image below. But this is of course not ideal....

Any idea to make conda default?

enter image description here

POSTED BY: HH C
5 Replies

Thanks Rohit.

POSTED BY: Matthew Young

Thanks Juan. Solved my problem.
A little extra documentation within Mathematica would make this much more obvious.

POSTED BY: Matthew Young

I am glad this was helpful!

Posted 2 years ago

You might find this useful too.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

I currently using two versions of Python, 3.8 and 3.6. Mathematica was running Python 3.8 as the default system in the external language cell. I needed to make Python 3.6 my default system. So, I have attached a notebook with the code I use to switch. If anyone else have a more efficient way to do it I would appreciate the feedback. Regards, JC

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract