Message Boards Message Boards

Wrote a hypercube program, and drew a graph, but would like formula help.

Posted 4 years ago

Hi. I wrote a program some time ago that was an attempt at making a quantum simulator; though I don't know any specific fancy math. It ended up being a hypercube voxel engine of sorts, which I never developed collision or interactive algorithms for; so it just sent bits all the ways through the cubes in all different ways.

When I read about this project, I thought that it could be the one thing that maybe my efforts could possibly contribute to somehow, since I can't do the educated science side of things, and don't know what to do with this thing I made.

I spent the past few days working on trying to convert the model into a formula for this project, but I just don't think I'm able to make solid progress.

So I managed to draw this chart in an attempt to show enough of its growth to illustrate the pattern. The image only represents one corner of this hypercube, so imagine the trailing line connects back to a node with 7 other branches coming from it. 1/8 of my hypercube

POSTED BY: Flop Alopagus

Oh, and every one of those nodes also connects to an analogous node on another hypercube, but the nodes of different layers connect to different hypercubes so that each layer of activity is isolated except through paths to the central nodes and then out to a different layer.

Also, this is the corner of a 14x14x14 cube; in case that means anything. I was just trying to go as far as I could fit on a piece of paper.

POSTED BY: Flop Alopagus
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract