3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to Export a Wolfram Demonstration with Correct Frame Rate

Posted 4 years ago

Hello!

I am a new user to Wolfram Demonstrations. I am looking through some of the demonstrations and I notice that there is some discrepancy between the frame rate of the simulation and the actual time. For example, if I look through the Block Sliding Down an Incline Plane, I notice that the simulation will give the time it takes for the block to fall based on mathematical equations and physics concepts. However, if I measure this time using a stop watch (or using screen record), it takes a much longer time. How can I make sure when I export (or screen record) the frame rate is fixed such that when I measure the time it matches the simulation time given. Do you know what I should add to the source code to fix such a problem? I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

POSTED BY: user new
3 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

Thank you for the comment. Here is one of the demonstrations I was looking at called Moment of Inertia: https://demonstrations.wolfram.com/MomentOfInertia/

For this demonstration in particular. The theoretical time which matches the simulation time is about 1.5s. However, when I use a stopwatch or a tracker software, I get a different number. In my tracker software I get about .7s. Any thoughts what might be going wrong and how I can fix it?

It would help if you indicated some of the demonstrations you were looking at in detail.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 4 years ago

Thank you for the comment. Here is one of the demonstrations I was looking at called Moment of Inertia: https://demonstrations.wolfram.com/MomentOfInertia/

For this demonstration in particular. The theoretical time which matches the simulation time is about 1.5s. However, when I use a stopwatch or a tracker software, I get a different number. In my tracker software I get about .7s. Any thoughts what might be going wrong and how I can fix it?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract