Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
0 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

What exactly is and was the license for the Mathematica Fonts?

I was looking for a good Fraktur font for my thesis and came across the Fraktur font used im Mathematica. It looks simple, clean and is easily readable. If I understand correctly, then up until Mathematica 3 it was possible to embed the font into LaTeX documents.

There is still this Mathematica LaTeX package which allows usage of "the PostScript fonts distributed with Mathematica 3.0". The Wolfram Library Archive has the "Virtual Mathematica Font Metrics For TeXtures" and "Virtual TeX Fonts".
However, If I understand correctly, this would not be enough to actually use the fonts in a TeX document since the actual source for the fonts is missing...
... and nowhere to be found on the internet. Of course, even Mathematica 3.0 is no longer available.

My question is about the license to use these fonts. If I had at times bought a copy of MA 3, would I have been allowed to use these fonts? Of course, I am not asking for legal advice but either way, there has to have been an official statement regarding this. I actually don't know if this is on-topic but on the other hand I don't know where it would be. My question is, is there is any current official information available regarding these fonts and their usage. My university provides Mathematica 8 and I can see the *.pfa files for the Fraktur font.

POSTED BY: Franz Müller
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract