|
|
10 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Differences in notebook behavior between Mathematica and Cloud

How come the attached Notebook works in Mathematica 12 & not in the cloud?

Attachments:
10 Replies

Hi Rohit,

You used some functions which I have not used yet like Riffle. The Wolfram Program Language is elegant, enabling complex calculations with only implicit loops. Loops are implemented by applying pure functions to lists, reducing the size of a Wolfram Script by as much as an order of magnitude over using For, While or Do. I have problems which can be written in Mathematica fairly compactly if objects can be passed to functions by reference. However, HoldFirst@ and HoldAll@ don't seem to mix well with Dynamic@. I just need to become more familiar with Mathematica's non-intuitive oddities!.
Any Thoughts? Thanks, MIlt

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Milton,

Can you please provide an example that demonstrates Dynamic not mixing well with Hold*?

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

Hi Rohit,

I found a neat way to generate buttons which select options..

Peace,

Milt

Attachments:
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Milton,

Nice! I adapted some of your code and added it to the code I posted in a reply to this thread. See attached notebook, the code cells are hidden, ungroup the cells (Command ' on Mac) to see the code. Unfortunately, the appearance on the Wolfram Cloud is not the same. I'll see if I can resolve that when I have time.

Attachments:

Rohit,

Thanks for you input. I will try it.

Milt

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Milton,

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like you are trying to embed the notebook in an HTML page. I have attached an example (test.html) showing how to do it. Open test.html in a browser.

Check the documentation for details.

Attachments:

Hi Rohit, The referenced NoteBook runs in the cloud but doesn't run as a web page, The data which is contained in t1 array which comes from an Import[] of an Excel File does not seem to arrive at the web page. Any ideas? Thanks again, Milt Benjamin https://www.wolframcloud.com/env/58e100e0-cba4-47e7-ae43-ae270ad9f872 The Excel data file is in the same directory of my Wolfram Cloud Account as newRpt2.nb

Attachments:
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Milton,

If a Manipulate refers to user defined functions it must include the SaveDefinitions option to work correctly in the cloud. I copied your notebook to my cloud account and made a few changes. The attached milton.html shows it embedded in an HTML page.

Attachments:

The Notebook works

1) in Mathematica 12

2) in the cloud

3) It Doesn't work (present the Normal Distribution plot) when I include a link to the cloud copy in a web page.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Milt Benjamin

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Milton,

I published the notebook you attached to my cloud account without making any changes and it works.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract