Message Boards Message Boards

Weather Data Visualization: Spring in the Morning, Winter at Night

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Mads Bahrami
4 Replies

With so much ground monitoring station data, I want to know whether it is possible to use spatial statistics or geostatistical methods for interpolation? For example, estimate the temperature or rainfall of unknown points. In fact, this problem has bothered me for a long time. Although I wrote an Ordinary Kriging (OK) interpolation algorithm by myself. But the computing performance is really poor~~This should be blamed on me~~ It is really expected that Mathematica can build-in various spatial interpolation methods.

POSTED BY: Tsai Ming-Chou

Thank you for your suggestion - it is good to know that there is interest in the spatial interpolation methods.

POSTED BY: Gosia Konwerska

Congratulations! Your post was highlighted on the Wolfram's official social media channels. Thank you for your contribution. We are looking forward to your future posts.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract