GROUPS:

Products of consecutive primes in Wolfram|Alpha

Posted 7 months ago
|
2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
|

2021 is fun because it's the product of the consecutive primes, 43 and 47.

I wrote a C program to find the products of other consecutive primes, then other twin primes. (Sadly, we won't live to see the next consecutive prime product year.) Then I realized that I've got access to Wolfram|Alpha, and I'm likely missing out on an opportunity to better learn how to use it.

Is this same type of computation possible with Wolfram|Alpha? I've found I can use queries like "primes below 100" to list a series of primes, or "list twin primes" to see twin prime pairs. But I haven't found a way to make Wolfram|Alpha multiply series of pairs from these lists.

2 Replies
Posted 7 months ago

In WolframAlpha try

table[prime(i)*prime(i+1),{i,1,14}]
Posted 7 months ago

Neat, thank you. That gives me a nice starting point for exploring Wolfram|Alpha further.

I've also found that the series of lesser members of twin primes is available as http://oeis.org/A001359 and Wolfram|Alpha is aware of OEIS. It can produce that list if I type "OEIS A001359." Perhaps the next thing to discover is whether Alpha has a syntax for accessing OEIS sequences in a fashion similar to the "prime" function above.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract