Message Boards Message Boards

Name of the standard LateX font in Mathematica

Posted 3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am a Mathematica 12.2 user.

I would like to integrate Mathematica plots in documents that are created with LateX. Therefore I am looking for a command that allows me to create titles and axes labels that have the same appearance as standard LateX output.

To give an example: In Matlab there is the command <"interpreter","Latex"> that takes Latex syntax and produces LateX output. In the plot below this command was used to create the title and axes labels.enter image description here

If no such command exist it would be very helpful to know the name that is used in mathematica for the Latex default font. I only know it as computer modern and could not find a font with that name in Mathematica.

I am also thankful for other ideas on how to integrate Mathematica plots smoothly in Latex documents

I apologize if this question is answered in the documentation, but I did not find an answer there.

Thanks in advance.

POSTED BY: wolfram user
2 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Ehud,

Take a look at the MaTeX package.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 3 years ago

I have done the following operations on my machine.

Go to this font squirrel, download the following TTF files (TrueType font file):

lmroman10-bolditalic-webfont
lmroman10-bold-webfont
lmroman10-italic-webfont
lmroman10-regular-webfont
lmromanslant10-bold-webfont
lmromanslant10-regular-webfont

Navigate to this System Folder:

C:\Program Files\Mathematica12.1\SystemFiles\Fonts\TrueType

Paste the ttf files to this folder.

Restart Mathematica.

Now when you style text, as when using PlotLabel, AxesLabel, TicksStyle etc., you can use the rule

FontFamily -> "Latin Modern Roman 10"

when applying Bold styling, lmroman10-bold-webfont.ttf will be used, and when applying an Italic styling, lmroman10-italic-webfont will be used.

POSTED BY: Ehud Behar
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract