Message Boards Message Boards

3 Replies
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Is there only one sign for the union of to sets?

Posted 10 years ago

I noticed that there is only one sign for the union of two sets in my writing assistant.
In Latex you have the \bigcup and the \cup to differ between the union of all sets in x an the union of two sets.

I can shrink the union sign to get a smaller cup but thats very inconvenient.
Is there a way to shrink the union sign and save it as a new sign in the writing assistant?
POSTED BY: Nickel Paulsen
3 Replies
There's an article about doing that. It basically requires a unicode character:
'm not sure if this would work for inserting a character or not. 

Both of these are probably things that I would reccomend against, but I'm sure people do all the time. 
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Yes, you can create your own palettes and it's possible to modify the ones already built-in:
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Posted 10 years ago
Is it also possible to set a new shortcut for the modified sign

like esc+ un +esc.
POSTED BY: Nickel Paulsen
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract