Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
8 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Integration result in terms of specific function?

Posted 3 years ago

I have a integral after convolution where there is a term of $Sin[\pi x]/x$ . I want the final integral in terms of Sinc[x] function. Is there a way to manipulate the expression so that possible Sin[pi x]/x gets replaced by Sinc.

Edit1- Suppose like I get the answer of the integral $$\exp(i2\pi ft)\frac{\sin(\pi k x)}{x} \;$$ I just want to convert to get the final answer in Sinc[x]. So the final answer that should come is $k\pi\exp(i2\pi ft) \text{Sinc}(\pi k x) \;$.

Also, apart from above is there something in Mathematica like rewrite (https://in.mathworks.com/help/symbolic/rewrite.html) command in Matlab.

Both like the examples are different. I was just trying to give examples of what I need. I just need whenever there is something like $\sin(k\; x)/x$ where k is a constant then it should get replaced by k*Sinc[x].

POSTED BY: Sahil Goyal
8 Replies

Maybe like so:

expr[Sin[Pi x]/x] /. Sin[a_] :> a Sinc[a]
POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner
Posted 3 years ago

I have edited the question. Can you please take a look?

Posted 3 years ago

It would really help people that are trying to help you if you post the WL code you have tried, not LaTeX.

ClearAll[f, t, k, x]
exp = Exp[2 Pi I f t] Sin[Pi k x]/x;

exp /. Sin[e_]/x -> Sinc[e]
(* E^(2 I f π t) Sinc[k π x] *)

Why does your desired output in LaTeX have a k π factor? That does not match the description of the desired output.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 3 years ago

@Rohit Namjoshi I was just trying to give example. I was trying to say if I have anything like sin(k x)/x where k is a constant it should get replaced by a k Sinc[x].

Posted 3 years ago
exp /. Sin[k_ x]/x -> k Sinc[x]
POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 3 years ago

Thanks. I didn't know that you can do something like Sin[k_ x]. I always used to think like thisSin[k_].

Welcome to Wolfram Community!
Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST
Please describe your subject extensively providing minimized code.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 3 years ago

I have edited the question. Can you take a look now if you know the answer.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract