|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Significant slowdown of SetSystemModel calls in Mathematica 12.3 vs12.1

Posted 3 years ago

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to find out if anyone else has seen a significant slowdown of SetSystemModel execution in the newest release of Mathematica. I am currently using Mathematica 12.1.0 because of bugs unrelated to SystemModeler. I have installed 12.3.0 to check it out and I noticed that calls to SetSysteModel to set part and joint parameters take double the time in 12.3.0 compared to 12.1.0. Please see the attached screenshot of the evaluation of the same notebook. Operating system is Windows 10.

I am writing to ask if anyone has seen this behavior.

Thank you!

B

Attachment

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Bogdan Udrea
2 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Thank you Sergio. I suspected that the slower execution was due to additional functionality in the background and I wanted to make sure it wasn't due to my setup.

I am generating models for a swarm of spacecraft and the speed is OK now for swarm cardinalities of 10 or so. However, future applications will model swarms with cardinalities in the low hundreds so the speed of execution will become important

I have started looking at ParallelMap to figure out how to apply it to my project and speed up the execution of the modeling notebook.

Best regards,

BU

POSTED BY: Bogdan Udrea

Hi Bogdan,

In 12.2 we added more input verification and deepened inheritance checks that do take more time. The approach here was focused on completeness, and in the future we are hoping to look into speeding up these checks.

As we discussed in our email exchange and in your other recent post, we are covering more types of value setting with more consistency, with the scope in 12.3 being much wider in relation to what was available in 12.1.

Let us know of any other issues you may find.

Sergio

POSTED BY: Sergio Vargas
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract