Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Plot frequency with real & imaginary part?

Posted 3 months ago
|
5 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
|

Hi, I try to plot wave speed which is a function of frequency [omega] and its have 4 solutions with imaginary parts. I have to plot my program in the x-axis is frequency parameter [[CapitalOmega]] and y-axis in real and imaginary wave speed. We assume that the imaginary line will be shown, its decrease and real will increase, but I could not figure out the result. Please help me how can I Plot wave speed as a function of omega. I attached my program here where c1 is the wave speed.

5 Replies
Posted 3 months ago

Hi Md,

The problem is that ω is assigned a specific value so the solution does not depend on ω, so straight lines are plotted.

Comment out ω = 2 π fp; then evaluate ClearAll[Evaluate[Context[] <> "*"]]. Then evaluate all the cells

enter image description here

Posted 3 months ago

Dear Rohit

Thank you very much for your reply. I am not familiar with Mathematica so can you add your edit program where you find this figure. I hope it`s helpful for me. Please add the editing program so that I can understand what change I need.

Posted 3 months ago

Dear Rohit, I can plot now. Thank you very much for your help. One more thing please tell me how can I plot positive two-waves in one figure and other negative two-waves in another figure. That means how can I plot positive and negative wave speed in a separate graph. Please help me.

Posted 3 months ago

See the attached notebook.

Attachments:
Posted 3 months ago

Dear Rohit

Thank you very very much for your help. I am very happy to see my required result. Take care and be happy.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract