Message Boards Message Boards

Can I use Mosek in Wolfram Cloud?

Posted 2 years ago

I have a notebook that gets data from the NFL’s API and solves a Mixed Integer Second Order Cone Program that makes picks for my football pool each week. I’d like to set it up to run in the cloud on a schedule and then email my pick in, however I am using Mosek to solve the model as it’s somewhat large.

The the built-in MISOCP outer approximation method times out when I try to run my notebook in the cloud, and I cant use Method->"MOSEK" without getting a license file error.

I have tried to upload my license file to my cloud account but I can’t get Mosek to find it.

I have tried to set the Mosek environment variable to point to where I uploaded the file:

SetEnvironment[
    "MOSEKLM_LICENSE_FILE" -> 
    FileNameJoin[{$UserBaseDirectory, "ApplicationData", "mosek.lic"}]]

gives $Failed

I have also tried placing the file in the default location FileNameJoin[{$HomeDirectory,"mosek","mosek.lic"}] but it also isn’t picked up.

Can I use Mosek in the cloud? Are there any alternative parameters for obtaining a Mixed Integer solution for a SOCP in a shorter time? I don’t need the optimal solution—perhaps there is an option that will halt the solver once an Integer solution is found with an objective value close to the relaxed problem?

The current failure is somewhat expected since the cloud has security restrictions on setting environment variables and the notion of a home directory is slightly different between the kernel process and the cloud user account.

However, placing the license file under FileNameJoin[{$HomeDirectory,"mosek","mosek.lic"}] should start working in the near future (as soon as the cloud is updated to running Mathematica 13).

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract